The following are the List of Trainers:
Mr. Suresh Gurung (Tourism & Hospitality Management)
P.O. Box 432 Thimphu; Bhutan
- Excellent foundation in hospitality management concepts, marketing and ethics
- Practical application of knowledge in various international 5-star chains
- Ability to adapt and develop tourism knowledge and skill sets for Bhutan
- Effective presentation skills, with years of leadership in group presentations
- In-built passion for teaching, with a good base in communications and relationship building
- Strong problem-solving skills and solution-driven focus
- Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and work independently
- Knowledge and familiarity with business software and social media
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Work – Experience & Achievements:
Trainer, Hotel Timphu Towers (March 2015)
Conducted and trained inhouse trainees for 2 weeks on Front Ofice, F&B and Services and Housekeeping
IPS (2014 – 2015)
Lectured to train new guides for Bhutan at IPS (Institute for Professional Studies), Thimphu. Also developed manual for new course for Bhutan Trekking Guide
BISHT Taba (2012 – 2015)
Lectured to train new cultural tour guides for Bhutan at BISHT (Bhutan International School of Hospitality and Tourism), Taba, Thimphu
ITB, Travel Trade Fair, Berlin, Germany (March 2008, 2009 & 2010)
Represented KeystoBhutan Travel Company. Key marketing liaison for international travel agents. Built European business contacts and successfully established new business in-roads into the Western European market as the main client servicing contact for new key accounts.
FITUR, Travel Trade Fair, Madrid, Spain (February 2009)
Represented KeystoBhutan Travel Company. Key marketing liaison for international travel agents. Built European business contacts and successfully established new business in-roads into the Southern European market as the main client servicing contact for new key accounts.
Director, Marketing & Sales, KeystoBhutan Travel (June 2003 – Oct 2010)
Key client service liaison for major accounts and repeat clients. Grew the business base of KeystoBhutan in Europe by 70%. Organised multiple familiarisation trips and made presentations to international agents to understand the Bhutan travel industry. Developed KeystoBhutan marketing collaterals, and conducted market feasibility studies for new countries.
Front Desk and Marketing, Hotel Muele, Kaprun, Austria (2007)
Worked in the Front Desk of a popular ski resort in the Alps. Organised reception and managed hotel reservations for clients. Utilised German language skills to communicate with resort guests provide concierge services and marketed the property.
Educational Internship, Santa Brigida Hotel, Las Palmas, Spain (2006)
Worked in four departments – Front Office, Food & Beverage, Purchasing, and Technical Services. Developed professional customer-relation and problem-solving skills in the Front Office and Food & Beverage departments. Learned fine dining restaurant and customer service management. Acquired practical hotel management skills through attachments in the Purchasing and Technical Services departments.
Senior Tour Executive, Tashi Tours & Travel (1997 – 2003)
Guided trips in Bhutan for travel agents and tourists. Managed all aspects of trip organisation, from hotel room reservations to transport bookings, client servicing and trip consultancy.
Freelance Tour Guide (1993 – 1996)
Guided tours on freelance basis with Bhutanese Tour operators for the fall season. Got an opportunity to travel through out Bhutan and got a deeper understanding of my peoples’ places and culture.
The European Training Center for Hospitality and Tourism, Modul Institute, Vienna, Austria (2005 – 2007)
Graduated from prestigious Modul School of International Hospitality and Tourism with distinction.
Team representative for speech, communication and writing for all major class presentations.
Conducted and lectured junior classes in the final year.
Guiding Techniques & Environmental Ethics, Salzburg, Austria (July 2004)
Participated in a course on tour guiding technicalities and ethics covering both cultural and environmental.
HMI, Darjeeling, India (Nov. 1997)
Took a basic outdoor leadership course for a month at the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute pioneered by first man on Mt. Everest, Tenzin Norgay,
St. Xavier’s School, Pakyong, Sikkim (1991 – 1993)
Achieved Indian School Certificate (Year 12) in Science. With English as major.
Written and spoken English – fluent
♦ Spoken Dzongkha – fluent ♦ Spoken Nepali – fluent ♦ Written and spoken German – good ♦ Written and spoken Spanish – intermediate
Reading, photography, travelling, history and culture, adventure and sports.
Mrs. Prof. Mag. Gabriele Brantl
Head of International Course,
T: 0043-1-476 70-201
Tashi Tours & Travel
P.O. Box: 423
T: 00975-2- 323027
Mr. Karim F. Jalloul
Lecturer / Managing Director
W.H.B.G & Grand Hotel
Kaetnar Ring 9
Mr. Miguel M. Saavedra
Hotel Santa Brigida
C/ Real de Coello
235310 Santa Brigida
Las Palmas, Canary Islands
1. Khenpo Ugyen La (Buddhism & Chinese Mandarin Teacher) PERSONAL DETAILS :
Date of Birth: 09/05/1965
Citizenship ID:12008000216 Gender Male Cont: 77447234
2006 – 2015: Lived in Taiwan teaching Buddhism to Chinese people all over the Taiwan.
2004-2006: Certificate in Chinese Buddhism at Institute of Buddhist University Taipei, Taiwan for 6 years. See attached copy of original document with full results.
2001-2006: Certificate in Chinese Mandarin Language – Tibetan Buddhism Cultural Exchange program. See attached copy of original document with full results
1989-2002: Phd in Tibetan Buddhism at Nyingma Institute, Taktse, Sikkim, India for 13 years. See attached copy of original document
- Teacher in foundation Taipei (Taiwan) matter Monga Longshan Temple Banchaw Cultural Square, from 2013~2014, following are the subjects I taught:
– Gateway to Knowledge()
– Thirty-seven practice of a Bodhisattva ()
– Tibetan writing and reading ()
– Best Guru Precept ()
- Teacher in Taipei (Taiwan) Mercy Awalokit Buddhist Society, from 2006~2013.
- Teacher in Jalsa Monestery in Solokhumbu Nepal, in 2000, following are the subjects I taught: – Jipai Dagyig ()
– Legshed Joenwang ()
– Nagdroen ()
– Khyadparphagsbstod ()
- Teacher in Nyingma Institute Taktse, Sikkim (India), Since 1996 ~1999, following are the subjects taught: – Bodhisatocaryavatara ()
– Three Sets of Precepts ()
- Teacher in Darthang Nyingma Institute Taktse, Sikkim (India), Since 1996~1999, following are the subjects taught:
– Jipai Dagyig ()
– Legshed Joenwang()
- Teacher for Rituals program in Zhemgang Dratsang Since 1980 ~1985, followings are the subjects taught: – Cymbal()
– Tune of Rituals()
– Dharma Dance()
– Driglam Namzhag()
SKILLS / INTERESTS / ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Competent at using Microsoft Work, Excel, Power point
- Familiar with page maker
- Chinese – Read, Write, Speak very well
- English – Read, Write and Speak (basic)
- Dzongkha – Read, Write and Speak very well
- Sharchop – Speak very well
- Khengkha – Speak very well
- Lhosam Kha – Speak very well
- Reading books
- Teaching and Training
- Cultural exchange
- Visiting places
- 1st position in academic studies in 2005
- Institute of Buddhist University Taipei, Taiwan
- Khenpo Rigzen Dorji India, Gangtok
- Lam Karma Zhemgang Dratsang
Karma Galay: Guest Lecturer
Citizen ID # 10801001340.Date of Birth: 25/05/1972. Gewog: Mewang, District: Thimphu
BA(pass) Arts. Year of Study: 1993-1996 Subjects taken: English, Economics, Political Science & History. College: Sri Venkateswara College, University of Delhi, New Delhi, India Higher secondary school Arts: 1991 – 1993 Subjects taken: English, Economics, Political Science, History & Geography School: St. Xavier’s School, Pakyong, Sikkim, India. High School: 1980 -1991 School: Punakha High School.
2005 –Present: Managing Partner, Khamsa Tours & Treks.Market tours and correspond with agents abroad. Negotiate tariffs, services to be delivered and make arrangement accordingly. Book hotels arrange transport and tour guides.
1999-2005: General Manager, Sakten Tours & Treks
2001 -2005: As General Manager, I corresponded with agents abroad, negotiate rates and services. Instructed and Supervised Manager Tours and Accounts.Manager Operations, Sakten Tours & Treks
1999 – 2001: Book hotels, arrange transport and guides. Negotiate their rates and supervised purchase Guest Druk Air tickets by Ticketing Officer.
1997-1998: Worked as part time Radio Host in Bhutan Broadcasting Service.
1994-1999: Worked as freelance tour guides for Etho Metho Tours and Yangphel Tours.
For reference for my above tourism industry experience, you may kindly contact the following persons:
- Thuji Naidak, Director General (Specialist) TCB : (02) 322 950, 323 251
- Tashi Tenzin, Head, Services Division TCB: (02) 323 251, 323 252
- Tshewang Rinzin, MD, Sakten Tours & Treks: (02) 325 567.
- Karma Lotey, MD, Yangphel Tours & Trek: (02) 323 293
- Tandin Sangay, Director, Etho Metho Tours: (02) 323 162
Sonam Dorji, Executive Director, ABTO: (02) 322 862
Tshewang Thinley. (Driglam Namzha)
2013-2014 PGDE in Paro College of Education/NIE along with Driglam Namsha course, Paro, Bhutan.
1996-2005 Mastered in Tibetan Buddhism at Nyingma Institute, Taktse, Sikkim, India for 10 years
1987 – 1995 Studied Kuenzob in Zhemgang Dratsang.
2003 – 2005 Teacher in Darthang Nyingma Institute Taktse, Sikkim (India), following are the subjects taught:
- Jipai Dagyig
- Legshed Joenwang
2009 – 2012 Teacher in Dungkhar Primary School and Wambur Primary School.
2014 – Present Currently serving as a Dzongkha cum Driglam Namsha teacher in Babesa Middle Secondary School.
For reference of my education and work experiences you may contact the following persons:
- Sangay Khandu principle of BMSS, 17618915